Sometimes the most precious memories are the everyday moments. And at Skype, we want to help people come together so they can share experiences wherever they are. Today, we’re excited to launch Skype 6.11 for Android, which brings new features that will help you share and keep those moments that matter.
- Keep track of special Skype moments and your most important conversations
Manage conversations – Long tap on a contact or chat in the Recents tab to bring up a new toolbar to delete, mark as read, or mute notifications.
- Save video messages – When you record or receive a memorable video message that you want to keep, just tap on it to save it to your phone’s photo gallery.
- Enhanced search – Search for conversation content, in addition to contacts and group names.
Easier and more ways to share
- Share with groups – Share photos from your photo gallery directly to a Skype group conversation. Additionally, in group chats, you can tap on images and files to forward them to another contact or group.
- Upgraded Mojis – Received a cool Moji? Just tap on it to forward it to another friend or to a group. Also, Mojis don’t automatically play again when you forward them, you can decide if you want to play it again by tapping on it.
We’re constantly listening to your feedback to help us improve Skype for Android – the ability to delete conversations and to save video messages were added because of your feedback, please keep it coming! To share your feedback in-app, just tap the menu on the upper left, tap on “Settings” and tap on “Feedback” under the Support section.
If you haven’t already downloaded the latest version of Skype for Android, you can get the update from the Play Store. To get the latest news and tips, find us on Facebook and Twitter, and join us on the Skype Community. We look forward to hearing from you!